Messages to our friends and families from Colin and Judi.

Sunday, November 19, 2006







THINGS PEOPLE CARRY ON THEIR HEADS

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ve given you a sample of some of the photos I’ve taken of people carrying stuff.

I haven’t begun to capture all the other things I’ve seen people carrying on their heads. Here’s a brief list: Stacks of fabric, dried fish in a bowl with their tails in the air, handkerchiefs, live snails, tons of candies and snacks, heaps of tomatoes, a bowl of raw eggs (living dangerously), cabinets couches and tables, several boxes of 2-litre bottles of water at once (heavy), bananas and plantain, sewing machines (for home visiting seamstresses), school books, the week’s groceries, ready-to-eat watermelon, a popcorn popper, coconuts.. etc. etc. Really almost anything that needs to be transported.

Judi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home